A fit test should be carried out:
- As part of the initial selection of RPE.
- Where an untested face piece is in place.
- In the course of respirator fit training.
A repeat fit test should be conducted:
- As required (at least annually).
- If the wearer experiences significant weight gain or loss.
- If the wearer undergoes substantial dental work.
- If the wearer develops any facial changes (scars, moles etc.) around the face seal area.
Fit test records should be stored and available for inspection for at least five years by the employer.